| ||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
|Birth name||김현중 (金賢重)|
|Born|| 6 June 1986 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Genres||K-pop, J-pop, Dance, R&B|
|Instruments||Guitar, Bass, Piano, Drums, violin|
|Labels||DSP Media (2005–2010) |
Warner Music Taiwan
United Asia Management
Delicious Deli Records/Universal Music Japan
|Associated acts||SS501 (2005-present)|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Hyeon-jung|
Kim Hyun-joong (Hangul: 김현중; Hanja: 金賢重) was born on June 6, 1986. He is a South Korean entertainer and the leader, main rapper and face of boyband SS501. Kim is well known for his role as Yoon Ji-hoo in the 2009 Korean drama Boys Over Flowers, for which he received the "Best Actor Award" at the Seoul International Drama Awards 2009 and the "Popularity Award" at the 45th PaekSang Arts Awards. In 2011, Kim debuted as a solo artist with his Korean mini albums Break Down and Lucky. He is a style icon in Korea, having won several icon awards. Kim is also a member of the charity football team FC MEN.
Early life and education 
Kim Hyun-joong dropped out of school when he decided to become a singer. During his school days, he played bass guitar in a band. During 2001 and 2002, while working as a waiter in a family restaurant located at Jamsil-dong, Kim was introduced to a new set up management company CEO. Initially he was to debut in a five-member group, of which Han Yeon of B2Y (now disbanded) was to be the leader and Kim the maknae (youngest member). While the group underwent training together, they were asked by their company to debut in China as a Hallyu project group, but they rejected the offer and disbanded. Kim proceeded to audition for DSP Media (formerly DSP Entertainment) and became a member and the leader of SS501. After SS501's debut, Kim returned to school and graduated in 2006.
2005-08: Debut with SS501 and We Got Married 
On June 8, 2005, Kim made his entertainment debut as the leader of SS501. The group earned popularity as they won many rookie awards. SS501 appeared on the 2006 show Thank You For Waking Me Up, which proved him to be a heavy sleeper, and, one year later, on Mnet's Idol World, which showed SS501 doing various activities in Japan.
In May 2008, Kim joined the cast of We Got Married along with Hwangbo in episode 9. Known as the "Lettuce Couple", they won MBC's "Best Couple Award". The couple made their official exit from the show in episode 38, on December 14, 2008 due to scheduling conflicts with Boys Over Flowers.
2009-10: Boys Over Flowers and H1N1 
While working in Japan in 2008, Kim was cast as Yoon Ji-hoo in the Korean drama Boys Over Flowers, a role for which he won the "Best Actor Award" at the Seoul International Drama Awards 2009 and the "Popularity Award" at the 45th PaekSang Arts Awards. Because of his drama work, Kim, along with his bandmate Park Jung-min, who starred in a musical at the time, were absent for SS501's U R Man album, which the three remaining SS501 members promoted by themselves, with the exception of some special performances that included all five band members.
In 2009, SS501 released their album SS501 Collection mostly consisting of solo songs by the members, for whose promotion SS501 released a mini drama music video, in which Kim was one of the main characters.
In mid-August 2009, the band started their Asia Concert Tour at the Olympic Park, Seoul. They continued their tour in Shanghai, Taipei and Bangkok before returning to Seoul for a closing encore concert. SS501 staged two concerts for the encore closure on February 27 and 28, 2010 respectively.
In September 2009, during promotional activities in Yokohama, Japan for Boys Over Flowers, Kim was diagnosed with H1N1. He was treated in a Toyko hospital and was discharged on September 15, 2009. While recovering from H1N1, he could not attend the Seoul International Drama Awards; his SS501 band mates, Heo Young-saeng, Kim Kyu-jong and Kim Hyung-jun accepted the award on his behalf.
Kim became a spokesperson for cosmetics brand Tony Moly, an established company with numerous branches all across Asia, including Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong, but ended his contract with Tony Moly at the end of September 2010 and continued to be the spokesperson for another cosmetics brand, The Face Shop.
2010: SS501 comeback, leaving DSP Media and Playful Kiss 
In June 2010, SS501 released their last album entitled Destination, produced by Steven Lee. Its title song "Love Ya" was well received, rating high in record sales and online music stores, and topped Music Bank's K-Chart. Due to their ending contract with DSP Media, however, the group ended promotions after only two weeks.
On June 19, 2010, Kim appeared at a concert in the Philippines alongside BEAST.
On June 28, 2010, the news that Kim had officially left DSP Media and joined Bae Yong-joon's KeyEast Entertainment company was announced. Although Kim had left DSP Media, he stated, that SS501's activities will be top priority in the members' contracts and that the group has not disbanded. Later, Kim explained in an interview that, at the time, no company was financially able to sign all five members, thus the group decided to take the chance to focus on their solo activities.
Kim played the leading role of Baek Seung-jo in the drama Playful Kiss, a Korean adaptation of the Japanese shōjo manga Itazura na Kiss. Baek Seung-jo is an all around perfect genius with an IQ of 200, who ends up falling in love with Oh Ha-ni, played by Jung So-min. Because of the drama's success in Korea, Playful Kiss was broadcast in China and on November 7, its leading male actor, Kim, was interviewed by CNN's Anna Coren.
In early December 2010, Kim went to Singapore and Malaysia to promote The Face Shop.
2011: Solo debut and Japan Tour 
In May, Kim named his official solo fanclub Henecia, which is a combination of "H" (as in Hyun-joong) and "benecia", which derives from Latin and means "blessed".
On June 7, 2011, Kim released his solo debut mini album, Break Down. It was produced by Steven Lee, who had composed SS501's hits, "Love Like This" and "Love Ya". The title track "Break Down" features Double K. and is a high energy dance track. "Please" is the R&B heavy second lead track. The album exceeded 70,000 pre-ordered copies in just 10 days. It peaked at number one on Gaon Weekly Album Chart for the week starting June 5, 2011 and was the best-selling album for June on Gaon Monthly Album Chart with 100,433 copies sold. It also topped the Japanese Oricon chart in the International Imported Album category for the first week of July. "Break Down" was the first place winner for two consecutive weeks on Mnet's M! Countdown music show (June 16 and 23, 2011) and as well as on KBS's Music Bank. Break Down is certified platinum in Taiwan, due to which Warner Music Taiwan CEO Chen Ze Shan handed Kim a platinum record in a press conference held in Taiwan. As far as Kim's popularity in Taiwan is concerned, he was the first Korean to appear on Taiwanese TV show The Person.
In July 2011, Kim held the first of his nationwide concerts in Japan. The tour continued from November in seven cities across Japan: Sapporo, Sendai, Hiroshima, Yokohama, Nagoya, Tokyo and Fukuoka.
On October 11, 2011, Kim released his second mini album Lucky. It debuted at number 5 on Billboard's World Chart  and topped the Gaon Chart again for the third week of October 2011 and was the highest selling album on the Hanteo Album Sales Chart for the month of October.
On October 25, 2011, Kim, together with Seohyun, released a digital single entitled "The Magic of Yellow Ribbon", which is the theme song for a commercial for The Face Shop. On 28 October, he, along with Ha Ji Won, acted as MC at the 2011 K-Pop Super Concert held at Gwangalli Beach in Busan, which was broadcast on SBS on November 6.
In November 2011, Kim won the 2011 KIA Soul People’s Choice "Style Icon Award" for the third consecutive year. On November 9, Kim announced at a press conference for his Japan Tour that he had signed a deal with Universal Music Japan for his Japan-based music activities. Kim successfully completed his Japan Tour that had started on November 9, attracting over 30,000 fans. At the 2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards, which were held in Singapore, Kim won the award for "Best Male Solo Artist".
On 15 December 2011, Kim released his digital single Marry You / Marry Me, which consists of "Marry Me" and Marry You" as well as instrumental versions of them. Music videos for both songs were released on his official YouTube channel the same day.
2012: Japanese releases, fan meeting tour and City Conquest 
On January 25, 2012, Kim released his first Japanese single Kiss Kiss / Lucky Guy, which consists of Japanese versions of songs from his two Korean mini albums and one original Japanese song.
From May to July, Kim held his Kim Hyun Joong Fan Meeting Tour 2012, making stops in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, China and Thailand.
The singer, who had mostly focused on promoting his albums after his second drama Playful Kiss had come to an end in 2010, was cast for the upcoming drama City Conquest, which will air in late 2012 / early 2013. Kim Hyun-joong will portray the main character of Baek Mir in City Conquest, a wild and strong man, who experienced many hardships and difficulties throughout his life, e.g. growing up without his parents. Baek Mir ends up taking revenge against the evils of society which had destroyed his family. The drama is an adaptation from the original comic by author Shin Hyung Bin.
Only a few days before filming for City Conquest began in Japan, Kim released his second Japanese single Heat on July 4. Along with its lead track "Heat", the single album also includes "Let's Party".
On October 4, 2012, Kim announced at an event to promote City Conquest and to celebrate his Japanese fanclub Henecia Japan's first anniversary, that he would release his first full length studio album in Japan in December. One day later, Universal Music Japan released further information via Kim Hyun-joong's Japanese website including the album's title Unlimited and a still incomplete track listing.
In November, Kim Hyun Joong participated in being a model for Madame Tussauds' display. They created an accurate life-size wax model of him to be displayed at Madame Tussauds' studio in Busan on December 21. The figure was said to have costed 200 million KRW (approximately $186,000 USD) and was built after 500 measurements were taken. He finally released his first full length Japanese album entitled Unlimited on December 12, which consists of 14 tracks including the Japanese versions of Break Down and Lucky Guy. It topped the Oricon Daily Album Charts, and both the Tower Records Charts' Weekly Album Charts for Shibuya branch and overall Weekly Album Chart upon its release.
At the end of the year, Kim Hyun Joong won several awards in different places including Tower Records' K-Pop Lovers! Awards: Single Daesang (Grand Prize) for Heat, "Most Popular Overseas Artist" Award at 2012 Miguhui Awards, and four awards ( ’Most Popular Artist of the Decade’, ‘Asia Top Buzz Solo Artist’, ‘Hong Kong Top Buzz Solo Artist’, and ‘Taiwan Top Buzz Solo Artist’) at the ‘Yahoo! Asia Buzz Awards 2012′. 'The Most Popular Artist of the Decade' was his fourth consecutive win since 2009.
2013: Japan Tour 2013 "Unlimited" 
In January, it has been revealed that Kim Hyun Joong will be having his first Japanese tour of this year entitled ‘JAPAN TOUR 2013 “UNLIMITED”‘ tour. He will perform his hit songs with a live band, and he is planning to get closer to his Japanese fans using the keywords “communication” and “consensus” for his tour. The tour will begin on the 6th at Kobe World Memorial Hall and will tour various cities across Japan including Saitama, Nagoya, and Fukuoka. It was also revealed that he will be performing in South America on February 24 for the first time. He, along with Ailee, Baechigi, and Ongals performed in Brazil for the ‘2K13 FEEL KOREA‘ event. On the next day, February 25, they visited on a children center in São Paulo to get closer to the people and spend time with them. Then, he headed to Peru for a fan meeting.
Additionally, he announced that he will be making his 3rd mini album in Korea for the first time after two-and-a-half years. He is planning to make a comeback on summer and is now currently in the production process. On the other news, his Unlimited album has been certified "Gold" by the Recording Industry Association of Japan (‘RIAJ’) after selling more than 100,000 units to retailers.
In February, it was rumored that City Conquest has been rejected by KBS for the reason that it ‘lacked in quality’. The producers of the drama, however, argued that KBS decided not to air it even after following KBS's requirements and requests, without any words of apology or explanation to the producers and fans. Instead, the team accused KBS of having political reasons for pulling out the drama. Then, again, KBS asserted that those claims were all false and will take strict actions against the producers. After some time, it was announced that Kim Hyun Joong will be withdrawing from the drama and is planning to start in another drama later this year instead. For now, he will start his promotions as a singer with his Japan tour, world tour, and more.
On March 2, Kim Hyun Joong performed at the U-Express Live 2013 at the Makuhari Messe in Japan together with the other artists such as Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band, Far East Movement, Naoto Inti Raymi and Kara. The concert is one in which only the most popular singers that represent the six labels under Universal Music can perform. He also won the "Creator’s Factory Best Actor Award" at the 5th Okinawa Music Festival for the music video Lucky Guy. The awarding ceremony was held on March 26 at the Okinawa Convention Center Theater 2 in Japan.
Known to be a generous artist, Kim Hyun Joong has continually donated to charities and healthcare institutions to share his achievements with those in need.
Notable Charitable Acts 
|Year||Donation (in US $)||Recipient||Information|
|2011||150,000||Korean Red Cross Association||Kim Hyun Joong donated $50,000 USD before his Japanese tour in November, then adding $50,000 USD to an association that heats homes, and another $50,000 USD for the third time to feed the children in Fukushima following the aftermath of the earthquake.|
|2012||46,144||Korean National Red Cross||The Red Cross stated that Hyun Joong donated 50 million Won on December 3.|
|~44,300||‘Summer Campaign for Senior Citizens Living Alone’||Kim Hyun Joong was touched when his fanclub, Henecians, donated 10 million KRW (~8,860 USD) to the ‘Summer Campaign for Senior Citizens Living Alone’; so, he reciprocated his appreciation and donated 30 million KRW to the same foundation. Another 20 million KRW will be used for the 'Kim Hyun Joong Scholarship'. The total amount donated was 50 Million KRW.|
Albums and singles 
|2008||고맙다 (Thank You)|
|2011||Break Down|| |
|Marry Me / Marry You|| |
|2012||KISS KISS / Lucky Guy|
Soundtrack contributions 
|2009||"내 머리가 나빠서" (Because I'm Stupid) (Acoustic Ver.)||Boys Over Flowers Luxury Edition (KBS2)|
|"행복이란" (A Thing Called Happiness)||F4 Special Edition (Boys Over Flowers) (KBS2)|
|2010||"One More Time"||Playful Kiss (MBC)|
|2012||"그대도 나와 같다면" (If You're Like Me)||The Marriage Plot (tvN)|
Solo SS501 songs 
|2007||"Rize Up"|| |
|2009||"제발 잘해줘" (Please Be Nice To Me)|| |
Music Compositions 
Other performed songs 
|Year||Performer||Song||Original Artist||Performed at|
|2006||Kim Hyun-joong||"끝이 아니길" (Wish It's Not The End)||Vibe (2002)||Music Space Special (SBS)|
|Kim Hyun-joong & Heo Young-saeng||"사랑했나봐" (Must Have Been Love)||Yoon Do Hyun Band (YB) (2005)||(MBC)|
|Kim Hyun-joong||"내가 너의 곁에 잠시 살았다는 걸" (That I Once Was By Your Side)||Toy (1996)||Music Wave (SBS, 2006-02-21)|
|Eru feat. Kim Hyun-joong & Bae Seul-ki||"까만 안경" (Black Glasses)||Eru (2006)||Music Core (MBC, 2006-12-16)|
|2008||Kim Hyun-joong & T.O.P.||"이 밤이 깊어가지만" (As The Night Goes On) |
"Rise and Fall"
|Seo Taiji (1992) |
Craig David feat. Sting (2003)
|University Song Festival (MBC, 2008-10-04)|
|2011||Kim Hyun-joong||"다행이다" (Fortunate)||Lee Juck (2007)||Yoon Do Hyun's MUST (Mnet, 2011-07-19)|
|Kim Hyun-joong||"Love"||Jo Jang-hyuk (2001)||Lee So-ra's Second Proposal (KBS Joy, 2011-07-26)|
|Kim Hyun-joong||"Rainism"||Rain (2008)||KBS Gayo Daejun (KBS, 2011-12-30)|
Music videos 
|2011||"제발 (Please)"||Break Down|
|"Marry Me"||Marry Me / Marry You|
|2012||"Kiss Kiss" (Japanese Ver.)||KISS KISS / Lucky Guy|
|"Lucky Guy" (Japanese Ver.)|
|2009||Good-Bye Yoon Ji Hoo|| |
|2010||Special Fan Meeting|| |
|Ready, Action!: Kim Hyun Joong in Spain|| |
|1st Premium DVD & Photo Book "The First Love Story"|| |
|1st Premium DVD "The First Love Story" Making DVD|| |
|2011||Fan Meeting Event|| |
|1st Premium DVD "The First Love Story"|| |
|2012||First Impact|| |
|K-Pop Star Conquering The World|| |
|2006||Shark Bait / Pi's Story||파이 스토리||Voice (Korea Version)|
Television series 
|Year||Title||Hangul / Japanese||Role||Network||Genre|
|2005||Nonstop 5||논스톱 5||Guest Ep.208||MBC||Sitcom|
|Can Love Be Refilled?||사랑도 리필이 되나요||William||KBS2||Sitcom|
|2007||Hotelier||ホテリアー||Cameo Ep.7 (with SS501)||TV Asahi||Drama|
|2008||Spotlight||스포트라이트||Cameo (with SS501)||MBC||Drama|
|2009||Boys Over Flowers||꽃보다 남자||Yoon Ji-hoo||KBS2||Drama|
|2010||Playful Kiss||장난스런 키스||Baek Seung-jo||MBC||Drama|
|2011||Dream High||드림하이||Cameo Ep.1||KBS2||Drama|
|Discontinued||City Conquest||도시정벌||Baek Mir||Drama|
Variety show 
|2005-7||X-Man / New X-Man||X맨 / New X맨||SBS|
|2006||Golden Fishery||황금어장||Ep. dated 2006-12-06||MBC|
|2008||We Got Married||우리 결혼했어요||Ep.9-38 of season 1 (with Hwangbo)||MBC|
|2009||Haptic Mission||7 Eps. (with F4 and Son Dam Bi)||Samsung Anycall promotion|
|Family Outing||패밀리가 떴다||Ep.64-65||SBS|
|2009-11||Happy Together 3||해피투게더||KBS|
|2012||Happy Camp||快乐大本营||November 17 guesting||HBS|
|2013||Barefooted Friends||맨발의 친구들||Permanent Cast||SBS|
- 2012: K-Pop Star conquering the World (MBC)
Music video appearances 
- 2005: 2Shai - "그녀 웃었다" (She Laughed) --- with Kim Kyu Jong
- 2006: Eru - "까만 안경" (Black Glasses)
- 2009: Kim Joon - "Jun Be O.K"
- 2010: Gummy - "남자라서" (As a Man)
- Samsung Anycall Blue
- Mighty Mac
- Elite Uniform
- Lotte Milkshake
- Samsung Anycall Haptic Pop
- T.I For Men
- Le Coq Sportif
- Samsung Anycall Jet
- Dinamic Kin (Coca Cola)
- Hotsun Chicken
- Samsung Card
- Basic House
- I'm David
- Tony Moly
- The Face Shop
- Hang Ten
- Coupang Spring Campaign
- Lotte Duty Free
- Aeon Heatfact (Japan)
- Aeon Coolish Fact (Japan)
- Seoul Ambassador to Tourism
- Slim Beauty House (Japan)
- March 2012 Honorary Ambassador of the United Nations Millennium Development
|2008||MBC Entertainment Awards||Best Couple Award |
with Hwang Bo
|We Got Married||Won|
|Best Brand of the Year Special Award |
with We Got Married cast
|2009||45th PaekSang Arts Awards||Male Popularity Award (Television)||Boys Over Flowers||Won|||
|Seoul International Drama Awards||Popular Actor||Won|||
|2nd Korea Junior Star Awards||TV Drama Newcomer Award||Won|
|Style Icon Awards||Most Popular Icon||Won|
|Yahoo! Asia Buzz Award||Korea's Top Buzz Male Artist||Won|
|Taiwan's Top Buzz Korean Artist||Won|
|Asia's Top Buzz Male Artist||Won|
|2010||Mnet 20's Choice Awards||Most Influential Star||Won|
|Sky Perfect TV Awards||Best Dresser Award||Won|
|Style Icon Awards||Popularity Award||Won|
|Yahoo! Asia Buzz Award||Hong Kong's Top Buzz Korean Artist||Won|
|Taiwan's Top Buzz Korean Artist||Won|
|The Best Search Asia Buzz Award 2010||Won|
|MBC Drama Awards||Male Popularity Award||Playful Kiss||Won|
|2011||MTN (Bloomberg TV)||Best CF Model||Won|
|Style Icon Awards||People's Choice Award||Won|||
|13th Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best Male Solo Artist||Break Down||Won|||
|Yahoo! Asia Buzz Awards||Hong Kong's Top Buzz Solo Artist||Won|
|Taiwan's Top Buzz Solo Artist||Won|
|Korea's Top Buzz Solo Artist||Won|
|Asia's Top Buzz Solo Artist||Won|
|2012||Allkpop Awards||Best Solo Artist||Won|
|Asia Song Festival||Best Asian Artist||Won|||
|Mnet K-Pop Idol Championship||Gold Medal||Won|||
|Miguhui Awards||Most Popular Overseas Singer||Won|||
|Yahoo! Asia Buzz Awards||Hong Kong's Top Buzz Solo Artist||Won|||
|Taiwan's Top Buzz Solo Artist||Won|
|Asia's Top Buzz Solo Artist||Won|
|Most Popular Artist of the Decade||Won|
|Tower Records' K-Pop Lovers! Awards||Single Daesang (Grand Prize)||Heat||Won|||
|2013||5th Okinawa Movie Festival||Creator's Factory Best Actor Award||Lucky Guy Music Video||Won|||
Music Programs 
|Lucky Guy|| |
- "SS501's Kim Hyun Joong goes back to school". Channel NewsAsia. 27 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
- "스무살의 프로! 공주영상대학 - 연기과 공지사항" (in (Korean)). Actor.pro.ac.kr. 2011-07-29. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "Kim Hyun-joong Heading to Korea After Overcoming H1N1 Flu" Chosun Ilbo. 16 September 2009. Retrieved 2011-10-25
- "Kim Hyun-joong signs with Bae Yong-joon's agency" 10 Asia. 29 June 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- (Korean) "Kim Hyun Joong states SS501 will not be disbanding" Nate News.
- "Kim Hyun-joong to Sing at Opening of Asian Games" Chosun Ilbo. 4 November 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-25
- (Korean)"김현중, 6월 솔로활동 앞서 공식팬클럽 ‘헤네치아’ 모집" Nate News. 6 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-09
- "Kim Hyun-joong's 1st Solo Album Exceeds 70,000 Pre-orders" Chosun Ilbo. 1 June 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- Kim, Heidi "Gaon Weekly Album Chart: 5–11 June 2011" 10 Asia. 16 June 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-13
- (Korean) "김현중 앨범발매 2주만에 10만장, 올해 최다 판매량 등극" Nate News. 22 June 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-25
- (Korean) "김현중, 공식 팬클럽 '헤네치아' 구성" Nate News. 6 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- (Chinese) "韓國首席新巨星的金賢重，14日傾盆大雨下舉辦見面會仍聚集超過2,000名粉絲" Yam News. 15 August 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-25
- (Japanese) "キム・ヒョンジュン、初の全国ツアー決定" Sanapo. 30 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- "Kim Hyun Joong's album storms into Billboard World charts Top 5" Channel News Asia. 25 October 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- Park So-Jung "Ha Ji-won, Kim Hyun-joong to host upcoming K-pop concert" 10 Asia. 21 October 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-11
- Lee, Myeong-ju (3 November 2011). "김현중, 3년 연속 인기상 '위엄'(4회 SIA)". OSEN (in Korean). Daum Communications. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "Kim Hyun-joong Inks Deal with Universal Japan" Chosun Ilbo. 11 November 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-22
- "Kim Hyun Joong holds a Japanese event with over 10,000 fans". Korea.com. 5 October 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-05.
- "Kim Hyun Joong Will Release New Japanese Single in July". Soompi. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "B1A4, Ailee, and more have a successful stage at the 2012 "Asia Song Festival"". koreaboo. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- Kusanagi, Melissa (5 October 2012). "Kim Hyun Joong Conquers Nippon Budokan For Japan Fanclub Anniversary". KpopStarz. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "キム・ヒョンジュン、待望の日本ソロ・デビュー・アルバム「ｕｎｌｉｍｉｔｅｄ」の発売が決定！！" Kim Hyun-joong's official Japanese website. Retrieved 2012-10-05 (Japanese)
- "Kim Hyun Joong’s wax figure revealed to have cost $186,000 USD" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Kim Hyun Joong to have a wax figure at Madame Tussauds" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Oricon Daily Album Chart, 2012-12-11" Oricon. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "SHINee, Kim Hyun Joong, and TEEN TOP rank #1 on Tower Records charts" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "2PM, EXO, SUPER JUNIOR, and Kim Hyun Joong win awards for Tower Records Japan’s ‘K-POP LOVERS! AWARDS 2012′" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Kim Hyun Joong wins “Most Popular Overseas Artist” at Miguhui Awards in China" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Kim Hyun Joong picks up four awards at the ‘Yahoo! Asia Buzz Awards 2012′" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Kim Hyun Joong to hold his 1st Japanese tour of the new year, ‘JAPAN TOUR 2013 “UNLIMITED”'" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Kim Hyun Joong, Ailee, Baechigi and more to perform in Brazil for ’2K13 FEEL KOREA’" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Kim Hyun Joong, Ailee, Baechigi and more perform in Brazil" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-03-22
- "Kim Hyun Joong said to be making a comeback this summer" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Kim Hyun Joong’s ‘UNLIMITED’ album certified “Gold” by RIAJ" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Kim Hyun Joong’s drama ‘City Conquest’ rejected by KBS, producers considering legal action" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Kim Hyun Joong to withdraw from ‘City Conquest’" allkpop. Retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Kim Hyun Joong Represents at the Universal Music Joint Concert in Japan" Mnet. Retrieved. 2013-03-03
- "Kim Hyun Joong secretly donated $150,000 USD to charity" "AllKpop". Retrieved. 2013-02-19
- "Kim Hyun Joong revealed to have anonymously donated $46,000 USD to Red Cross" "Allkpop". Retrieved. 2013-19-2013
- "Kim Hyun Joong donates 50 million KRW in response to his fans’ charitable actions" "Allkpop". Retrieved. 2013-19-2013
- "Discography" HYUN-JOONG.COM. Retrieved 2012-09-01
- "Break Down product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Break Down (Ltd. Ed.) product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Lucky product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Lucky (Ltd. Ed.) product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Kiss Kiss / Lucky Guy product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Kiss Kiss / Lucky Guy Ltd. Ed. Type A product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Kiss Kiss / Lucky Guy Ltd. Ed. Type B product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Heat Jacket A Ltd. Ed. product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Heat Jacket B Ltd. Ed. product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Heat Jacket C Ltd. Ed. product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Heat Jacket D Ltd. Ed. product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Heat Jacket E Nor. Ed. product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Unlimited (Normal Edition) product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-10-06
- "Unlimited (Jacket A, Limited Edition) product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-10-06
- "Unlimited (Jacket B, Limited Edition) product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-10-06
- "Boys Over Flowers Luxury Ed. product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "F4 Special Edition product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Playful Kiss OST product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Kokoro Ltd. Ed. A (Hyun Joong Ver.) product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "SS501 Collection product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- SS501. Rebirth. 2009. CD.
- Kim Hyun Joong. Lucky. 2011. CD.
- "Good-Bye Yoon Ji Hoo product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Special Fan Meeting product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Ready, Action!: Kim Hyun Joong in Spain product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Ready, Action!: Kim Hyun Joong in Spain Collector's DVD product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "1st Premium DVD & Photo Book "The First Love Story" product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "1st Premium DVD "The First Love Story" Making DVD product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Fan Meeting Event product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "1st Premium DVD "The First Love Story" product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "First Impact DVD product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "First Impact DVD Ltd. Ed. product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "First Impact BD product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "First Impact BD Ltd. Ed. product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-24
- "Kim Hyun Joong Kanzen Micchaku Document 24 Ji K-POP Star Sekai wo Miryo suru - (Limited Release) product info" CD Japan. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- "Kim Hyun Joong Kanzen Micchaku Documentary 24 Hours - K-POP Star Sekai wo Miryosuru - (Japan Version) product info" YesAsia. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- "キム・ヒョンジュン 完全密着ドキュメント 24 時 ~ K-POP スター 世界を魅了する~ 【DVD】 product info" Universal Music Japan. Retrieved 2012-11-10. (Japanese)
- Kim, Mi-ju (20 May 2012). "Wave rolls into cosmetics market". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 9 October 2012.
- "45th PaekSang Arts Awards winners list". PaekSang Arts Awards (in Korean). joinsmsn. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "2009 Popular Prize winners". Seoul International Drama Awards. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "Winners from past years - 2011". Mnet Asian Music Awards. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "Congratulations! 2012 Mnet KPOP IDOL Championship Winner Announcement". Mnet. CJ E&M. 17 August 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- Shim, Jae-geol (9 December 2012). "김현중, 中서 최고 인기 해외 가수상 '주걸륜과 한자리'". Sports Seoul (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-12-09.
- Kim, Min-ji (9 December 2012). "김현중, 中 최고 인기 해외가수상 수상…'한류킹의 위엄'". TV Report (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-12-09.
- "Kim Hyun Joong wins four awards at ’2012 Yahoo Asia Buzz Awards’". Korea.com. 18 December 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-18.
- Cheon, Seol-hwa (19 December 2012). "김현중, ‘2012 야후 아시아 버즈 어워드’ 4관왕". Star Daily News (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-12-18.
- "タワレコ K-POP LOVERS! AWARDS 2012 （アルバム&シングル部門大賞発表）". Tower Records (in Japanese). 11 December 2012. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- [http://www.cinemacafe.net/article/img/2013/03/29/16248/62139.html "【沖縄国際映画祭】キム・ヒョンジュンを板尾創路が推薦「次のジェームズ・ボンドに」">.Cinemacafe.Retrieved.2013-03-30
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Kim Hyun Joong|
- Official website
- Official Japanese website
- Official KeyEast profile
- Kim Hyun-joong's channel on YouTube
- Delicious Deli Records's channel on YouTube
- Universal Music Japan's channel on YouTube
|Awards and achievements|
|Preceded by |
|13th Mnet Asian Music Awards - Best Male Solo Artist |
|Succeeded by |