Amy M. Holmes (born 1973) is a news anchor on Glenn Beck's TheBlaze TV. She appears on a regular basis as an independent political contributor for CNN and has previously appeared on Fox News. She has also appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher several times. Holmes graduated from Princeton University with a BA in economics in 1994. She is an independent conservative.
Holmes was born in Zambia to an African father and a Caucasian American mother. She was raised in her mother's native Seattle, Washington after her parents divorced when she was three.
She has co-hosted The View and co-hosted Fox News' Glenn Beck while Beck was on the road with his "Unelectable" show. She has also appeared on the HBO show Real Time with Bill Maher. She was an anchor of a morning radio program syndicated by the Washington Times newspaper called "America's Morning News". She has appeared with Cenk Uygur on MSNBC Live and Reliable Sources.
After working for several years for Independent Women's Forum, Holmes began to write Senate floor statements for Bill Frist, a two-term United States Senator from Tennessee and the Republican Majority Leader from 2003 until 2006.
At presentReal News at Glenn Beck's network TheBlaze.
, Holmes is anchor of
- ^ "Association of Black Princeton Alumni". Retrieved January 31, 2009.
- ^ a b CNN profile
- ^ a b Q&A Cafe: Amy Holmes talks about her history
- ^ "Amy Holmes: Political Commentator". People Magazine. May 8, 2000. Retrieved January 31, 2009.
- ^ Argetsinger, Amy; Roberts, Roxanne (November 28, 2006). "Hot Topics but No Heated Discussions As Amy Holmes Sits In on 'The View'". Washington Post. Retrieved 2011-04-27. (in The Reliable Source)
- ^ Baker, Scott; Stephans, Liz (August 10, 2011), Blaze Editor-In-Chief Scott Baker Sits Down with Blaze GBTV News Anchor Amy Holmes (podcast), The B-Cast with Scott Baker & Liz Stephans
External links 
- CNN Anchor profile
- Limpert, Ann; Graff, Garrett M. (July 1, 2006). "20 Fabulous Singles: Amy Holmes
They’re smart, funny, successful, and available—for now". Washingtonian magazine. Archived from the original on 16 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- Beck, Glenn (August 9, 2011), GBTV names Amy Holmes new anchor for The Blaze (embedded video), GlennBeck.com