Kardashian at Maxim's 10th Annual Hot 100 Celebration, May 2009
|Born||Kourtney Mary Kardashian |
April 18, 1979
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Residence||Calabasas, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||University of Arizona|
|Occupation||Actress, businesswoman, television personality, fashion designer|
|Height||5 ft 0 in (1.52 m)|
|Parents||Robert Kardashian |
|Relatives||Kim Kardashian (sister) |
Khloé Kardashian (sister)
Rob Kardashian (brother)
Kylie Jenner (half-sister)
Kendall Jenner (half-sister)
Kourtney Mary Kardashian (born April 18, 1979) is an American socialite, television personality and fashion designer. She gained fame as a cast member of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Kourtney and Kim Take New York and Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami. She is the oldest child of Kris Jenner and defense attorney Robert Kardashian and the sister of reality television personalities Khloé Kardashian, Kim Kardashian, and Rob Kardashian.
 Early life
Kourtney Mary Kardashian was born in Los Angeles, California. Her father, Robert George Kardashian (1944-2003), was Armenian and worked as a lawyer. Her mother, Kristen "Kris" Mary Jenner (born 1955; formerly Kardashian, née Houghton) is of Scottish and Dutch descent and became a homemaker before managing her children's careers. She is the oldest of four children: she has two younger sisters Kimberly Noel "Kim" (born 1980) and Khloé Alexandria (born 1984), and one younger brother Robert Arthur "Rob" Kardashian (born 1987). Kourtney also has two half-sisters from her mother's remarriage, Kendall Nicole (born 1995) and Kylie Kristen Jenner (born 1997).
In 1991, when Kardashian was 11 years old, her parents divorced and her mother Kris married former Olympian Bruce Jenner. Bruce has four children from a previous marriage: sons Burton "Burt", Brandon, Brody and daughter Cassandra Lyn "Casey" Jenner.
Kardashian attended the Roman Catholic all-girls school, Marymount High School in Los Angeles. Following graduation, she moved to Dallas, Texas to attend Southern Methodist University for two years. Kardashian then lived in Tucson, Arizona where she graduated from the University of Arizona with a bachelor's degree. Kardashian majored in Theatre Arts and minored in Spanish. Her classmates included Nicole Richie and Luke Walton.
 Television career
Kardashian first became known to reality television audiences on the 2004 series, Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive, on which she earned money for charity. She then became a cast member on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, which depicts the lives of her extended family. She and her sister Khloé starred in their own spinoff reality show, Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami, the first season of which documented their opening of the Miami D-A-S-H location in 2009. In January 2011, Kourtney and Kim Take New York premiered, which documents hers and sister Kim's opening their third D-A-S-H store, in New York.
Kardashian made her acting debut with a guest appearance on the ABC soap One Life to Live on March 28, 2011, appearing as attorney Kassandra Kavanaugh. Kardashian, who had grown up watching the soap opera and credited her appearance as a "lifelong dream", had reservations about her acting debut, stating: "I'd thought I'd have two lines. But my script is so long ... I'm not an actress." Her performance, however, was not met with positive reviews from critics.
In September 2012, she and younger sister Kim created another spinoff reality television series, Kourtney and Kim Take Miami which will air beginning January 2013. It will also feature their mother Kris Jenner and sister Khloé Kardashian.
 Business ventures
Kourtney and her mother opened children's clothing boutiques called Smooch in the Los Angeles area and New York City; the boutiques carry the brand Crib Rock Couture. With sisters Kim and Khloe, Kardashian co-owns and operates D-A-S-H, a clothing boutique in Los Angeles, Miami, and New York City.
Kardashian has a number of endorsement contracts with her sisters Khloe and Kim. They are spokeswomen for the diet supplement Quick Trim. In March 2012, Kardashian and her sisters Kim and Khloe were named in a $5 million class action lawsuit against QuickTrim, the weight loss supplement they endorse. The complaint, filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, accuses the Kardashians (along with QuickTrim’s manufacturer, Windmill Health Products; the retailer GNC; and others in the sales and marketing chain) of false and deceptive marketing of the diet aid. The plaintiffs, hailing from several states, brought claims under their respective states’ consumer protection laws.
Kardashian also represents the skincare line "PerfectSkin" with her sisters, which was developed by Dr. Ron DiSalvo for Perfect Science Labs. The three sisters also released a jewelry line for Virgins, Saints, and Angels. The 20 piece collection debuted in March 2010. The jewelry is reflective of the Kardashians' Armenian heritage.
In the spring of 2010, she and her sisters released a clothing line for Bebe. In August 2010, Kardashian announced that she and her sisters were working on another clothing line called K-Dash, sold on QVC.
Kardashian and her sisters created a sunless tanner called Kardashian Glamour Tan in 2010. Kardashian wrote the book "Kardashian Konfidential" with her sisters Kim and Khloe; it was released in November 2010.
 Personal life
|2005||Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive||Herself|
|2007–||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Herself||Reality TV series|
|2009–10||Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami||Herself||Reality TV series|
|2011||Kourtney and Kim Take New York||Herself||Reality TV series|
|2011||Khloé & Lamar||Herself||Guest star, 4 episodes|
|2011||One Life to Live||Kassandra Kavanaugh||Debut acting role|
|2013–||Kourtney and Kim Take Miami||Herself||Reality TV series|
- "Celebrity Central: Top 25 Celebs: Kourtney Kardashian". People.com. undated. http://www.people.com/people/kourtney_kardashian.
- "Monuments and momentous times in Monte Carlo – Kim Kardashian videos, photos and blog: Official website". Kimkardashian.celebuzz.com. June 11, 2008. http://kimkardashian.celebuzz.com/2008/06/11/monuments_and_momentous_times/. Retrieved July 3, 2011.
- www.armenianpulse.com www.armenianpulse.com Interview.
- Jordan, Peg (1994-01; 1994-02). "First family of fitness – Bruce and Kris Jenner". American Fitness. Retrieved May 1, 2008. [dead link]
- "Kourtney Kardashian Biography". Askmen.com. http://www.askmen.com/women/celeb_profiles_model_60/71_kourtney_kardashian.html#bio. Retrieved May 1, 2008.
- Marc Malkin (November 10, 2010). "Kourtney Kardashian's New Job: Drama Queen!". ca.eonline.com. http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b208885_kourtney_kardashians_new_job_drama_queen.html. Retrieved November 14, 2010.
- "Kourtney Kardashian Acting Debut on One Life to Live". People. Time, Inc.. March 30, 2011. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20477194,00.html. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- Schuttle, Lauren (March 29, 2011). "Kourtney Kardashian Makes 'One Life to Live' Debut". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kourtney-kardashian-makes-one-life-172369. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Kris Jenner Defends Kourtney Kardashian’s Acting Debut". Access Hollywood, NBC Universal. March 31, 2011. http://www.accesshollywood.com/kris-jenner-defends-daughter-kourtney-kardashians-one-life-to-live-acting-debut_article_46018. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- Vena, Jocelyn (September 17, 2012). "'Kourtney & Kim Take Miami' Returns With New Kardashian Additions". MTV News, Viacom. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1693918/kourtney-kim-take-miami-new-season.jhtml. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Quick Trim". Quick Trim.com. https://www.getquicktrim.com/?mid=808148. Retrieved February 7, 2011.
- "Quick Trim FAQ". QuickTrim.com. https://www.getquicktrim.com/faq.dtm. Retrieved February 7, 2011.
- "In Time for Bikini Season, Kardashians Face Lawsuit Over Endorsement of Diet Aids". The National Law Review. Ifrah Law. July 8, 2012. http://www.natlawreview.com/article/time-bikini-season-kardashians-face-lawsuit-over-endorsement-diet-aids. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- "PerfectSkin". PerfectSkinnow.com. http://www.perfectskinnow.com/kardashians.php. Retrieved February 7, 2011.
- Moore, Booth; Critic, Fashion (May 2, 2010). "Celebrities and Jewelry: Learning Their Lines". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Dziemianowicz, Joe (October 21, 2009). "Kardashian Sisters Team Up with Bebe to Create Clothing Line". New York Daily News. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Kardashian Sisters Get Stylish and Sexy with Bebe". The Houston Chronicle. May 13, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Kardashians Show Off Legs in Bebe Collaboration". Palm Beach Post. February 16, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "The Kardashians Collaborated With Janie Bryant on a Clothing Line". New York Magazine. August 27, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Hargrave, Hannah (May 29, 2010). "Kim Kardashian Launches New Self Tanner... And It Looks like She Could Do with Some Herself". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Quenqua, Douglas (June 2, 2010). "‘Jersey Shore,’ Without the Sun". The New York Times. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Kim, Khloe and Kourtney to Write a Book: Kardashian Konfidential". UsMagazine.com.
- "Kourtney Kardashian's Biography: People.com". People.
- "Scott Disick's biography". biography.com.
- "Kourtney Kardashian Releases New Baby Photos!". UsMagazine.com.
- "Hey, Mama! Kourtney Kardashian Welcomes Baby Boy". http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b157797_hey_mama_kourtney_kardashian_welcomes.html. Retrieved December 14, 2009.
- "Kourtney Kardashian, Scott Disick Welcome a Baby Girl! And Her Name Is...". E Online. July 9, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Kourtney Kardashian|