Levi at the 2012 Comic-Con in San Diego.
|Born||Zachary Levi Pugh |
September 29, 1980
Lake Charles, Louisiana, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, singer, director|
Zachary Levi Pugh (/ /; born September 29, 1980), known professionally as Zachary Levi, is an American actor, director, and singer. Known for his roles in the TV series Chuck as the titular character, Less than Perfect, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel and Tangled, he is to appear in the Marvel film Thor: The Dark World as Fandral in 2013.
Early life 
Born in Lake Charles, Louisiana, to parents Susan M. (née Hoctor) and Darrell Alton Pugh. He is the middle child between two sisters, Sarah and Shekinah. He has Welsh ancestry. As a child, his family moved all over the country before finally heading back to their home in Ventura, California, where Levi attended Buena High School for four years. He began acting in theatre at the age of six, performing lead roles in regional productions such as Grease, The Outsiders, and Oklahoma, as well as Oliver, The Wizard of Oz, and Big River at the Ojai Art Center.
Levi first appeared in the FX television movie Big Shot: Confessions of a Campus Bookie. He played Kipp Steadman on the ABC sitcom Less Than Perfect. He also portrayed a potential boyfriend of Charisma Carpenter's character, Jane, in the ABC Family television movie See Jane Date. Levi was slated to be a lead in an ABC pilot called Three for the 2004/2005 television season. It was written by Andrew Reich & Ted Cohen, and would have costarred James Van Der Beek, Jama Williamson, and Jacob Pitts, but the show was not picked up. Levi financed Kendall Payne's album Grown after she was dropped by her label, Capitol Records.
He landed the starring role in Chuck in 2007. Levi and his Chuck co-star, Yvonne Strahovski, were both nominated for Best Action Actor and Actress Choice TV Series for the Teen Choice Awards 2010 where they both won and presented. In the summer of 2008, Levi was named one of Entertainment Weekly's Top Thirty People Under Thirty. He later starred in the film Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel in the lead role as the Chipmunks' cousin Toby Seville.  In 2010 he is presented Kids' Choice Awards, were both a winner for Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel in Best Favorite Movie. He stars alongside Mandy Moore in the 2010 Disney-animated feature film Tangled, which is based on the popular fairy tale Rapunzel. He voices Flynn Rider, a bandit who finds refuge in Rapunzel's tower. Levi provided narration in the 2011 film Under the Boardwalk: The Monopoly Story, a documentary about the game of Monopoly. Levi hosted the 2011 Spike Video Game Awards.
Levi landed the male lead in the 2012 TV pilot Let It Go, which would have aired on Fox; however, it was not picked up.
Levi hosted the web documentaries Tomb Raider The Final Hours, going behind the scenes of the new Tomb Raider game.
Levi revealed on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno that he would be portraying Fandral in Thor: The Dark World, replacing Josh Dallas on July 10, 2012. Levi was originally supposed to portray Fandral in Thor but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts with his series Chuck.
In April 2010, Katharine McPhee released a preview of a music video to cinemas for her single "Terrified". Levi duets with her on the song (which was re-recorded; the original album version features Jason Reeves) and appears in the music video singing with McPhee. On May 3, 2010, the song was previewed on Entertainment Weekly's website and was made available for purchase on iTunes. The full video premiered on May 7, 2010 on the music video website Vevo.
He is also featured on the soundtrack of the movie Tangled singing a duet with co-star Mandy Moore called "I See the Light", as well as being featured in the song "I've Got a Dream". In honor of the Oscar nomination for Best Original Song, Levi and Moore performed "I See the Light" at the 83rd Academy Awards.
He has also been a guest member of Band from TV, a band made up of actors from various American TV shows.
Personal life 
Levi is a Christian and has been since childhood. In a 2002 interview with Relevant Magazine, he said, "My job on my set, I believe, is to first just love people and gain that trust with people where they know that I really do love them and care about their well-being, so that when they are running into problems, they will hopefully, at some point, come to me and ask me, 'What is your peace all about? What is your comfort all about? Where do you get your love? Where do you get your talents?' And I can turn to them and say without blinking, 'Jesus Christ.'"
|2005||Reel Guerrillas||Evon Schwarz||Short|
|2006||Big Momma's House 2||Kevin|
|Ctrl Z||Ben Pillar||Short|
|The Tiffany Problem||Zac||Short|
|An American Carol||Lab Tech 1|
|Shades of Ray||Ray Rehman|
|Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel||Toby|
|2010||Byron Phillips: Found||Byron Phillips||Short|
|Tangled||Flynn Rider / Eugene Fitzherbert||Voice; |
Nominated - Broadcast Film Critics Association Award Best Song
Nominated - World Soundtrack Academy Best Original Song Written Directly for a Film
Nominated - Teen Choice Award Choice Animated Movie: Voice
|Under the Boardwalk: The MONOPOLY Story||Narrator (voice)|
|2011||No Rest For the Wicked: Moebius and Basil Adventures||Moebius||Short|
|2012||Tangled Ever After||Flynn Rider (voice)||Short|
|Defeat the Label||Short|
|2013||Thor: The Dark World||Fandral||Post-production|
|2001||Untitled Sisqo Project||TV movie|
|2002||Big Shot: Confessions of a Campus Bookie||Adam||TV movie|
|2002–2006||Less than Perfect||Kipp Steadman||Main Role|
|2003||See Jane Date||Grant Asher||TV movie|
|2004||The Division||Todd||2 episodes|
|Curb Your Enthusiasm||Bellman||Episode: "Opening Night"|
|2006||Worst Week of My Life||Nick||Episode: Pilot|
|2007–2012||Chuck||Chuck Bartowski||Lead Role |
Also director; 3 episodes
TV Guide Award Favorite Couple Who Have (shared w/ Yvonne Strahovski) (2011)
Teen Choice Award Choice TV Actor: Action (2010)
Ewwy Awards Best Leading Actor in a Comedy Series (2009)
Nominated - Teen Choice Awards Choice TV Actor: Action (2011-2012)
Nominated - Saturn Award Best Actor on Television (2010)
Nominated - Ewwy Awards Best Leading Actor in a Comedy Series (2010)
Nominated - Teen Choice Award Choice TV Breakout Star Male (2008)
Nominated - Satellite Award Best Actor in a Series, Comedy or Musical (2007)
|2007||Imperfect Union||Clark||TV movie|
|2011||Team Unicorn||Young Lover||Episode: Alien Beach Crashers|
|2012||Video Game High School||Ace||Webseries|
|4 Points||Himself||Episode: Zachary Levi|
|Robot Chicken||Various voices||Episode: Poisoned by Relatives|
|2013||Remember Sunday||Gus||TV movie|
|TBA||Star Wars Detours||Biff Tarkin (voice)||Post-production|
|2010||Halo: Reach||Trooper 4|
|Fallout: New Vegas||Arcade Gannon|
- "Terrified" (2010) – Performed by Katharine McPhee featuring Zachary Levi.
- "I See the Light" (2010) – Performed by Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore for the film Tangled.
Live performances 
- "Zachary Levi: Biography". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- Wyatt, Edward (September 30, 2007). "Super Nerd Is Out to Save the World". The New York Times. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- "Anytime with Bob Kushell feat. Zach Levi". Anytime with Bob Kushell. Season 1. Episode 8. February 5, 2009.
- Lisotta, Christopher (May 16, 2005). "SPECIAL REPORT: Upfront Navigator". Television Week 24 (20). pp. 32–37.
- Carlozo, Louis R. (April 4, 2006). "Grown". Christian Century 123 (7). p. 55.
- Stransky, Tanner (August 9, 2010). "2010 Teen Choice Awards winners announced". EW. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- Markovitz, Adam; Tanner Stransky (March 3, 2008). "30 Under 30: The Actors". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 10, 2009.
- Corliss, Richard (January 11, 2010). "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel". Time. 175 (1):51.
- Wright, Anders (March 2, 2011). "Rolling the dice". San Diego City Beat. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- Webb, Charles (2011-12-05). "Spike VGAs Interview: Meet Your Host, Zachary Levi". MTV. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- "TV's 100 Sexiest Men of 2011". BuddyTV. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "Pilot Scoop: Zach Levi to Headline Fox's Let It Go". TvLine. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- "'Thor 2': Zachary Levi Eyed For Fandral, Josh Dallas Out Of Film". huffingtonpost. June 6, 2012. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "Terrified featuring Zachary Levi on Entertainment Weekly". Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "Terrified premieres on Vevo today!". Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- Skerry, Kath (February 27, 2011). "Zachary Levi Sings at the Oscars (Video)". Give Me My Remote. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- Carolla, Adam (July 16, 2010). "Zach Levi". CarCast. Retrieved September 12, 2010.
- Nygaard, Sandra (October 2007). "With a name like Levi, he's gotta know jeans". Men's Health 22 (8): 134.
- Semigran, Aly (June 18, 2009). "Caitlin Crosby: Can Zach Levi's singing ladyfriend boost 'Chuck' awareness?". Entertainment Weekly.
- Everett, Cristina (January 13, 2010). "'Chuck' star Zachary Levi and singer Caitlin Crosby split after two years together". New York Daily News. Retrieved January 15, 2010.
- "Q&A With Zachary Levi". Relevant Magazine. Retrieved October 13, 2009.
- "Zac Launches The Nerd Machine". ChuckTV.net. Retrieved September 24, 2010.
- Sands, Rich (February 1, 2011). "Justin Bieber, Ty Burrell and Zachary Levi Hoop It Up for NBA All-Star Celebrity Game". TV Guide. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "Zachary Levi on Thor 2 (7/10/12)". The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. 2012-07-10. Retrieved 2012-07-11.
- Goldman, Eric (August 24, 2012). "First Footage Shown from Seth Green and Matt Senreich's Star Wars: Detours Animated Series". ign. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Zachary Levi|
- Official website
- Zachary Levi at the Internet Movie Database
- Zachary Levi at AllRovi
- Zachary Levi at TVGuide.com
- Official Twitter Account