Taylor at the GQ Men of the Year Awards 2011
|Born|| 11 July 1984 |
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
Rachael Taylor (born 11 July 1984) is an Australian actress and model. Her first leading role was in the Australian series headLand (2005–2006). She then made the transition to Hollywood, appearing in films including Man-Thing (2005) See No Evil (2006), Transformers (2007), Bottle Shock (2008), Cedar Boys (2009), Red Dog (2011) and Any Questions for Ben? (2012). She has also starred as Dr. Lucy Fields in Grey's Anatomy (2011), as one of the Angels on the short-lived reboot Charlie's Angels (2011) and as the main character on the ABC show 666 Park Avenue (2012–2013).
 Early life
Taylor was born in Launceston, Tasmania, the daughter of Christine and Nigel Taylor. She attended Riverside High School. Taylor had wanted to be an actress since she was a child, performing in many school plays.
Taylor modelled for Skye-Jilly International and competed successfully in the State finals of Miss Teen Tasmania. She has appeared in a number of American productions – such as television movies about Natalie Wood and the making of Dynasty (where she played Catherine Oxenberg), and the horror movies Man-thing and See No Evil. Taylor played Sasha Forbes on the short-lived Australian drama series headLand. On 3 April 2006, she was nominated for a Logie Award for Most Popular New Female Talent for her role on headLand. Her most prominent role to date was as "Maggie", a signals analyst, in the 2007 Transformers, where she appeared alongside Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf. Taylor confirmed that she would not be returning for the Transformers sequel.
In 2009, she completed the Australian feature Cedar Boys and starred in the comedy Splinterheads. In 2010, she starred alongside Alex Dimitriades in the Australian romantic drama Summer Coda. She has also signed to the HBO comedy series Washingtonienne and Melt, an Australian production. Taylor began a recurring role on Grey's Anatomy as Dr. Lucy Fields, an obstetrician and maternal-fetal fellow.
In 2011, Taylor joined the cast of the short-lived remake of the television series Charlie's Angels. Also in 2011, she had a major role in the film Red Dog and starred in the Russian science-fiction thriller film The Darkest Hour, directed by filmmaker Chris Gorak.
Taylor had key supporting role in the 2012 Australian comedy Any Questions for Ben?, created by Working Dog Productions. Taylor starred in the new drama 666 Park Avenue. Rachael Taylor and Gillian Anderson of The X-Files fame have landed roles in an upcoming thriller pilot from producer Rand Ravich.
 Personal life
|2004||The Mystery of Natalie Wood||Maryann Marinkovich||TV film|
|2005||Dynasty: The Making of a Guilty Pleasure||Catherine Oxenberg||TV film|
|2005||Man-Thing||Teri Elizabeth Richards|
|2006||See No Evil||Zoe|
|2008||Bottle Shock||Sam Fulton|
|2008||The Legend of Bloody Mary||Gwen|
|2008||Deception||Woman in Hallway|
|2010||Providence Park||Bicycle Girl||Short film|
|2011||The Darkest Hour||Anne|
|2012||Any Questions for Ben?||Alexis (Alex)|
|2005||McLeod's Daughters||Natalie Louise Brown||"Old Flames" (season 5: episode 8)|
|2005–2006||headLand||Sasha Forbes||Main role; 58 episodes|
|2009||Washingtonienne||Jackie||"Pilot" (season 1: episode 1)|
|2011||Grey's Anatomy||Dr. Lucy Fields||Recurring role; 8 episodes|
|2011||Charlie's Angels||Abigail "Abby" Sampson||Main role; 8 episodes|
|2012–2013||666 Park Avenue||Jane Van Deen||Main role|
- Hills, Brenden (10 September 2010). [http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/were-shattered-by-daughters-bashing-say-nigel-and-christine-taylor/story-e6frf9 6o-1225914826086 "We're shattered by Rachael's bashing, say Nigel and Christine Taylor"]. The Sunday Telegraph. Retrieved 28 January 2011.
- "Our Hollywood transformation". The Mercury. 29 April 2007. Retrieved 29 April 2007.[dead link]
- "Dynasty: The Making of a Guilty Pleasure: Credits". Der-denver-clan.de. Retrieved 27 February 2009.
- 'Transformers' Hottie Joins Alien Invasion at 'The Darkest Hour'
- "Transformers Actress Scrubs into Grey's Anatomy". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 14 September 2010.
- "Rachael Taylor Joins Grey's Anatomy". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Minka Kelly and Rachael Taylor Close to Angel Gigs in ABC's "Charlie's Angels", Deadline Hollywood, 27 January 2011
- Goodbye girls! ABC cancels 'Charlie's Angels', Entertainment Weekly, 14 October 2011
- Two More Sign on for The Darkest Hour
- Schembri, Jim (9 February 2012). "Any Questions for Ben?". The Age. Australia: Fairfax Media. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- Watkins, Jade (14 March 2012). "Park Avenue princess! Rachael Taylor shows off plenty of decolletage and leg in a plunging red dress while filming new series". Daily Mail. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- Goldberg, Lesley (25 February 2013). "Gillian Anderson, Rachael Taylor to Star in NBC's Rand Ravich Drama". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- Byrnes, Holly (23 August 2010). "Matthew Newton, Rachael Taylor in hotel lobby fight, withdraws Channel Seven show X Factor". The Daily Telegraph.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Rachael Taylor|
- Rachael Taylor at the Internet Movie Database
- Rachael Taylor at AllRovi
- Rachael Taylor at Yahoo! Movies
- Rachael Taylor on Twitter