Park Shin-hye in July 2009
|Born|| 18 February 1990 |
Gwangju, South Korea
|Occupation||Actress, Model, Singer|
|Revised Romanization||Bak Sin-hye|
Park Shin-hye (Hangul: 박신혜; born February 18, 1990) is a South Korean actress, model and singer. She is best known for her leading roles in the television dramas You're Beautiful (2009) and Heartstrings (2011). She attends Chung-Ang University.
Early life 
Park Shin-hye was born on February 18, 1990, in Gwangju, South Korea. Her family consists of her parents, an older brother and her. When she was in the 6th grade at Hak-Kang Elementary School in Gwangju, she auditioned for the lead role in the music video "Ggot - Flower" by "Dream Factory," pop singer Lee Seung-hwan's music company. She passed the audition, joined the company, and began training as a singer there.
Park's fame came when she played the younger version of the character Han Jung-suh in the popular Korean drama Stairway to Heaven. She also starred in a drama series called Tree of Heaven which aired on SBS, starring her former co-star in Stairway to Heaven, Lee Wan. The show had decent ratings, and the reviews and criticism were mixed, but mostly positive. Many critics keyed in on her portrayal of the character Hana's pain of loving her step brother Yoon-suh (Lee Wan) as brilliantly done. It should also be noted that due to the age difference between her and Wan, romantic scenes such as kissing on the lips could not occur, where had it been an older actress, such scenes may have occurred. Tree of Heaven started with borderline mediocre ratings, as do many new Korean dramas, but went on to finish very respectably, and gained a fan base in Korea, which further helped Park's credibility and young career in acting. Since then, Park has done many commercials (CF) and modeled for a number of Asian companies.
Through her roles and their requirements, Park has displayed an instinctive talent for dancing and martial arts. She has also released a digital single, "Prayer", a song she sang in the drama Tree of Heaven. However, the track was not released in the official OST.
Park made her big screen debut in the movie Evil Twin, a summer horror flick where she had 2 roles: one as the main character, and the other as the ghost of the main character's sister, who haunts the other sister after her death. Park was extremely happy to act in this movie, because she had always wanted to act in a period setting drama or movie. In January of 2007, Park starred as one of the four main characters in Goong S, a spin off (not the sequel) to the wildly successful Goong. The series did not match the success of its original, and received borderline ratings. However, the drama was the most re-watched and replayed series in the first half of 2007, gaining fame after the first run.
Park later gained more popularity through idol drama series You're Beautiful with Jang Geun Suk. The drama made her popular worldwide and the songs 'Lovely Day ' and 'Without Words' sung by her forYou're Beautiful OST made her even more lovable. In 2010 she stared in the low budget romantic comedy film Cyrano Agency which revolved around a dating agency that helps its customers win the hearts of the people they desire. The film was a sleeper hit becoming a critical and commercial success attracting 2.7 million admissions nationwide becoming the 8th best selling film of the year. Her 2011 drama Heartstrings began airing on June 29, 2011. Jung Yong Hwa, a co-star from You're Beautiful, played the male lead opposite her.
In 2012, Park was featured in the first three episodes of the show "Music and Lyrics" with Yoon Gun (윤건) of Korean R&B duo Brown Eyes (브라운아이즈). ‘Music and Lyrics’ is a reality/romance show that collaborates a top actress and an amazing songwriter to write a one-of-a-kind song in 30 days. Their efforts produced the song "I Think of You" which never been officially released.
Park joined the cast of the KBS drama special season 3, “Don’t Worry, I’m a Ghost” which broadcasted on July 15. She plays the ghost “Kim Yeon-Hwa” who was murdered in a robbery. Yeon-Hwa haunted Moon-Ki who was involved in a car accident and lost his memories. Her portrayal of Yeon-hwa won Park Shin Hye "Best One-Act Special Actress" Award at the 2012 KBS Drama Awards.
On October 31, 2012, It was announced that Park would star in the third installment of tvN's "flower boy" series called Flower Boys Next Door, along with actor Yoon Shi Yoon. The drama series aired from February 7th to the 25th of 2013.
Park shin-hye star in Miracle in Cell No. 7 along with Korean veteran actors such as Ryoo Seung-ryong, Oh Dal-su, and Jung Jin-young. On March 15, 2013, 52 days after its release, ticket sales reached 12.32 million, making it the third highest grossing Korean film of all time.
|2003||Stairway to Heaven||young Han Jung-suh||SBS|
|2003||Nonstop 4||Park Shin-hye (guest appearance, ep 73)||MBC|
|2005||Cute or Crazy||Park Shin-hye||SBS|
|2006||Seoul 1945||Choi Geum-hee||KBS|
|Tree of Heaven||Hana||SBS|
|Bicheonmu||A Li Shui (Arisu)||SBS|
|2007||Goong S||Shin Sae-ryung||MBC|
|Several Questions That Make Us Happy||Hyun-ji||KBS2|
|Kimcheed Radish Cubes||Jang Sa-ya||MBC|
|2009||You're Beautiful||Go Mi-nam/Go Mi-nyu||SBS|
|2010||My Girlfriend Is a Nine-Tailed Fox||Go Mi-nyu (cameo, ep 6)||SBS|
|High Kick Through the Roof||Future Hae-ri (cameo, ep 119)||MBC|
|Hayate the Combat Butler||Xiao Zhi / Sanqianyuan Zhi||FTV|
|2012||Music and Lyrics (3-episode reality show)||Herself||MBC Music|
|Don't Worry, I'm a Ghost (One-act Drama Special)||Yeon-hwa (the ghost)||KBS2|
|The King of Dramas||lead actress of Graceful Revenge (cameo, ep 1)||SBS|
|Running Man||Herself (ep 120-121)||SBS|
|2013||Flower Boys Next Door||Go Dok-mi||tvN|
|Fabulous Boys||Girl using cellphone in church (cameo, ep 1)||FTV/GTV|
|Green Days (animated)||Yi-rang (voice)|
|2013||Miracle in Cell No. 7||Ye-seung|
|One Perfect Day (short film)||Eun-hee|
|2007-5-27 - 2008-7-13||Fantastic Partner (MBC)||Variety show|
|2009-12-16||Melon Music Awards||Co-host with Jang Keun Suk|
|2009-12-29||SBS Gayo Daejeon||Co-host with Jung Yong Hwa and Kim Hee Chul|
|2011-10-03||Hallyu Dream Concert||Co-host with 2PM's Taecyeon and Shinee's Minho|
|2011-11-24||Melon Music Awards||Co-host with Super Junior's Leeteuk and Beast's Yoon Doo-joon|
|2012-10-18||Kpop Collection Okinawa||Co-Host with Lee Seung Gi|
Music videos 
|2001||"Sarang Ha Na Yo - Do You Love?"||Lee Seung-hwan|
|2003||"Ggot - Flower"||Lee Seung-hwan|
|2004||"Fake Love Song"||Fortune Cookie|
|2006||"Pyun Ji - Letter"||Kim Jong-kook|
|2012||"Alone in Love"||Lee Seung-gi|
|2013||"Eraser" (with Yoo Seung-ho)||So Ji-sub|
- [Drama] Tree of Heaven OST
- Love Rain
- [Drama] You're Beautiful OST
- Lovely Day
- Without a Word
- [Film] Cyrano Agency OST
- It Was You (with Lee Min-jung)
- [Drama] Heartstrings OST
- The Day We Fall In Love
- I Will Forget You (Cover of CN Blue's song of the same name from the album Bluetory)
- [Sitcom] Music and Lyrics
- I Think of You (with Yoon Gun)
- [Drama] Flower Boys Next Door OST
- Pitch Black
Show performance 
- 2010 - A.N. Show in Taipei [Oct 2nd, 2010]
- 2010 - You’re Beautiful 1st Fan Meeting in Japan [June 26, 2010]
- 2012 - Heartstrings Fan Meeting in Japan (16 July, 2012)
- 2013 - "Kiss of Angel" Asia Tour Fan Meeting in Manila, Philippines (March 16, 2013)
- 2013 - "Kiss of Angel" Asia Tour Fan Meeting in Tokyo, Japan (March 24, 2013)
- 2013 - "Kiss of Angel" Asia Tour Fan Meeting in Shanghai, China (May 18, 2013)
|2003||SBS Drama Awards||Best Child Actress||Stairway to Heaven|
|2007||MBC Entertainment Awards||Best Newcomer in Show/Variety||Fantastic Partner|
|MBC Drama Awards||Best New Actress||Kimcheed Radish Cubes|
|2009||SBS Drama Awards||New Star Award||You're Beautiful|
|2011||47th Baeksang Arts Awards||Most Popular Actress (Film)||Cyrano Agency|
|LETV Movies & TV Series Awards (China)||Female Popularity Award|
|2012||48th Baeksang Arts Awards||Most Popular Actress (TV)||Heartstrings|
|KBS Drama Awards||Best Actress in a One-Act Special||Don't Worry, I'm a Ghost|
|2013||49th Baeksang Arts Awards||Most Popular Actress (Film)||Miracle in Cell No. 7|
- "'Park Shin Hye'". Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- "Jung Yonghwa and Park Shin Hye in MBC’s "Heartstrings"". Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "‘최지우 아역’ 박신혜 ‘궁2’ 입성, 세븐과 사랑 연기" (in Korean). Ilgan Sports. Retrieved 30 January 2010.[dead link]
- Music and Lyrics
- ""Heartstrings’" Park Shin Hye to Make Small Screen Comeback with "Don’t Worry, I’m a Ghost"". soompi.com. June 26, 2012. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- "Park Shin Hye and Yoon Shi Yoon to Star in New Drama "Flower Boy Next Door"". soompi.com. June 26, 2012. Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- "'Miracle in Cell No. 7' third most-viewed Korean film". Yonhap. 15 March 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- "'Miracle in Cell No. 7' third most-viewed Korean film". The Korea Herald. 15 March 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- Ji, Yong-jin (19 March 2013). "MIRACLE IN CELL NO. 7 Passes MASQUERADE to Become 3rd Most Successful Korean Film". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- Yoon, Sang Guen (26 October 2012). "Park Shin Hye makes a cameo appearance on The King of Dramas". Star News. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (9 January 2013). "Yoo Seung Ho and Park Shin Hye to Star in So Ji Sub’s MV". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Ho, Stewart (13 June 2012). "Jung Yong Hwa, Park Shin Hye to Hold Japan Fan Meeting Ahead of Heartstrings Premiere". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- Park Shin-hye on Twitter (Korean)
- Park Shin-hye official Japanese website (Japanese)
- Park Shin-hye at HanCinema
- Park Shin-hye at the Korean Movie Database
- Park Shin-hye at the Internet Movie Database
- Park Shin-hye at the Internet Movie Database