Ilona Melnichenko is a former ice dancer who competed for the Soviet Union. With former partner Gennadi Kaskov, she is the 1987 World Junior Champion and 1991 Winter Universiade champion. She is from Odessa and has a Bachelor degree in Physical Education from the Odessa State Institute of Physical Culture. Melnichenko is married to former pair skater Artem Torgashev, the 1987 World Junior silver medalist, with whom she has two children, Andrew and Deanna. They coach at the Panthers Figure Skating Club, Saveology Iceplex in Coral Springs, Florida. Their son is a single skater who won the U.S. national title on the Juvenile level in 2012 and on the Intermediate level in 2013.
|Prize of Moscow News||3rd|
|World Junior Championships||1st|
- PDF (11.0 KB)
- "Ilona Melnichenko". Panthers Figure Skating Club. Archived from the original on November 16, 2011.
- Davis, Craig (December 18, 2010). "Coral Springs’ Torgashev gets bronze medal in first trip to Figure Skating Junior Nationals; Chiera, Feigenbaum also post top-five finishes". South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Archived from the original on November 16, 2011.
- Davis, Craig (October 25, 2010). "Figure skating: Chiera, Torgashev win at regionals". South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
- Felton, Renee (December 14, 2011). "Torgashev turns juvenile boys bronze to gold". Icenetwork. Retrieved December 15, 2011.
- Menning, Rick (February 3, 2013). "Local skater earns second national title". South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
|This article about a Soviet figure skater is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|