|Born||Sulagna Panigrahi |
3 February 1989
Sulagna Panigrahi (Oriya: ସୁଲଗ୍ନା ପାଣିଗ୍ରାହୀ, born 3 February in Berhampur, Orissa) is an Oriya and Indian television and film actress. As a débutante, she played the lead role in the television serial Amber Dhara as Dhara, and went on to play the principal character in Do Saheliyaan. She further did a grey role as Sakshi Rajvansh in Bidaai, until bagging her big-break in Bhatt banner film Murder 2 as Reshma.
Panigrahi made her television debut with the show Amber Dhara, where she played the character of Dhara, based on the story of conjoined twins. The series aired on Sony Entertainment Television from September 2007 to March 2008. Her second show was Do Saheliyaan, where she played the role of Maithali, based on the story of best friends set in rural Rajasthan. Do Saheliyaan aired on Zee TV from March 2010 to July 2010. After this she went on to do a negative role in the serial Bidaai, playing the role of Sakshi.
She made her Bollywood debut in the 2011 thriller Murder 2, a sequel to the 2004 hit Murder under the banner of Vishesh Films. She played the role of Reshma, a poor college student, who in need for money to survive her family, chooses to become a part-time prostitute and falls victim to a psychopathic serial killer. Her role was well-received with positive reviews from critics around the media.
 Personal life
Originally from Bhubaneswar, Orissa, she lived in New Delhi for 10 years until she moved to Mumbai in 2007. She has done her schooling from Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi. Her father is in the Indian Army, mother a housewife and younger sister studies in Xavier's Institiute of Communication, Mumbai.
- Shukla, Soumil (12 July 2011). "In Conversation with Sulagna Panigrahi". Filmitadka.in. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Telly actress Sulagna Panigrahi debuts in B-Town with 'Murder 2'". MiD DAY. 5 Julye 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Sulagna Panigrahi: Time for a break". The Times of India. 1 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- Chakrabarti, Sujata (10 February 2010). "Caste based storylines on daily soaps find big audience in villages". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Do Saheliyan off air in four months". The Times of India. 8 July 2010. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Sulagna Panigrahi to enter Bidaai". Oneindia Entertainment. 2 August 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- TNN (30 July 2010). "Sulagna Panigrahi enters Bidaai". The Times of India. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Sulagna Panigrahi from Odisha excels in 'Murder 2'". Odishanewstoday.com. 11 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "MURDER -2: Sulagna the surprise package". Glamsham.com. 6 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|